Social Media

Artist Website

For my artist website, I used Wix, and used one of their plethora of templates.

I chose this Wix template. 

As I thoroughly edited the template, I chose to have the 'home' section featuring the album work, with the my music video displayed behind. 


For my 'Music' section, I chose to add my music album and place instrumentals of other artists as the fillers for my other song titles. 


Website:



Artist Instagram:





For my artist's Instagram, I chose the username, effloresxncex; a play on the word, efflorescence, which refers to the process of flowering, i.e. blossoming. I chose this username, due to its original meaning, which primarily represents CLEM's personality, as they are constantly growing and progressing with both their music but also their maturity, especially as a new artist within the electropop industry. CLEM's personality is exuberant, thus, I chose to depict this through their username, with the play on words being two 'x's', which portrays her own brand: their signature at the end of every personal post about themselves. The 'xx' or 'xoxo' are symbolic for hugs and kisses, therefore, I chose to add this to CLEM, in order to develop their own individuality, and sense of belonging. 

The Layout 

For the layout of the Instagram page, I used a picture from the music video for their profile pic, as it allows audiences to easily understand who the artist initially is, without venturing further into their profile. I chose to add the Instagram label, "Artist", to portray CLEM as a new, official artist. For the biography, I added the record name, which CLEM is under, "Obselik Records", which most pop artists in the industry tend to have in their bios, for example, BTS' members accounts each have their label in their bio. Typically, as with any new releases, the release is portrayed on the bios, to exemplify the recent release, but also provide more promotional advertising. Lastly, I chose to add another form of promotion, through the 'link in bio', with CLEM's website, which fans are able to use to book tickets, and sign up to mailing lists, and such. Through adding the website, CLEM's distribution is even further dispensed, therefore allowing CLEM to generate more traction with their website, but also gain potential fans, and therefore more revenue streams of their single. Furthermore, I chose to add highlights, one for the single, "AGAIN", one for behind the scenes, one for CLEM's own interests, "<3", and one for music they enjoy/like. These all allow fans to gain a much more in depth understanding of their identity; what makes up CLEM, both as an artist and and a person. 


The Posts



Each post has gained a lot of traction from CLEM’s fans. 







Music Video (Official Teaser) 

Music Video (Official Teaser) 

In order for fans and general audiences to understand what the post is, I chose to have the thumbnail of the post about the “music video”, and the date it is expected to be “released”, which allows fans to already gain an understanding of the release date. 

Video Teaser 

Video Teaser 

I chose to create a separate video teaser, without the original music, in order to provide fans with a small snippet of what’s to come with the music video itself, which essentially places more emphasis on the video, and the whole cinematography of the video. This post especially gained a lot of traction.  

Music Video Official Video (Snippet) 

Music Video Official Video (Snippet) 

In order, for fans to not get a full ‘idea’ of the music video, I chose to position the thumbnail with the same polaroid as the album cover, so that fans would want to click on the post to watch the full snippet, as the artists’ faces are blurred and covered.  

Personal Post about the Album 

Personal Post about the Album 

For the personal post about the album, I chose to explain the main overlaying feel/emotion of the album, and what the artist hopes to expect from the album, as well as with their fans. This allows fans to see inside the artist’s head, which all contributes to the authenticity of the artist, and their individuality. 

Official Music Video Release Post 

Official Music Video Release Post 

I chose to also add an additional snapshot of the music video thumbnail (as it is on YouTube), to provide fans with some initial insight into the finished music video, as well as gain some early traction to the music video. 

Story/Highlight reel: 



By posting the artist’s posts on their story, it provides more awareness to their fans about the upcoming releases, but also allows fans/audiences to like or comment on the stories, which ultimately provides more traction to CLEM, but also allows her fans to interact with her posts, and essentially share their love for the artist. 


Comments

Popular Posts