Production (4)

Production Log 4

Filming @ Capitol Theatre


Prior to filming at Capitol Theatre, I decided to firstly look on Google Earth, as to where exactly the theatre was located, and its nearby surroundings. 


In terms of the surrounding area, it should be relatively quiet, as we're planning to film around midnight-early hours of the morning. The areas are also good places to film in. After filming at the theatre, we will then film in the nearby areas. The street lighting will also help accentuate our filming.

The outside of the area

The Capitol Theatre


Filming outside Capitol Theatre

For filming around Capitol Theatre, I decided much earlier on, as to when my actors would be free, and they stated that they would be free around the Chinese New Year break. Thus, I decided to figure out what filming I needed to reshoot and finish, and after choosing what I will shoot, I contacted my friends, via Teams, and asked them if the timings for Monday would be available. 

Finalising the time via Teams 

Editing the recent footage 

In terms of filming, I decided to shoot at late at night, specifically for the benefit of my music video, but also as it would be quiet in the area. I had initially decided to shoot around the early hours of the morning, but subsequently decided against this, as it would be much easier for my actors to get to and from, as transportation is usually limited around those times. 

Filming wasn’t difficult, as I brought all the equipment I was going to use which consisted of: snorricam (handheld cam), black magic camera (25 + 30mm lens), GH5, fisheye lens, tripod, and my speaker. It was a bit challenging trying to ensure the equipment was kept aside, and not touched by bystanders, and so I would often have to move all my equipment together moving from one site to the next site.

Throughout shooting, I switched between the black magic and the GH5 camera’s, as some of the shots would look much better on the black magic, particularly with the lighting, whilst the GH5 would be too dark to even see the actors on the camera. The clips came out well. 

In the area, there was a large stage with overhead lighting, and lots of brightly coloured lighting on some of the infrastructures, and did look great on the camera(which was perfect for a conventional electropop music video). We filmed underneath the ‘Capitol Theatre’ sign, and in and around the stage and the various lighting boards, which proved successful, as the footage looked really good with the additional lighting in the background. 

As I was filming, I asked my actors which idea seemed best for ending my music video, as I was stuck and unsure on which one to do. Clem, my main actress, stated that it would be a good idea to make use of the available ‘props’, and the setting, and use the seating boxes wherein, the actors would walk to, sit and turn behind and see each other ‘again’. I second the idea, and instantly loved it, I thought it would work perfectly, and thus, filmed the idea, on both the GH5 and the black magic, so I could choose from various footage for the final version. 

Before finishing up for the night, we took 3 more polaroid pictures to add to my already large set of pictures, and loved the outcomes, as they did look like typical couple pictures. 

Throughout our filming, we managed to collate enough footage for my music video. 


Behind The Scenes:










Comments

Popular Posts